This week’s entry will be a short one, since I am in the middle of getting things organized, and preparing for launching my first ever product. (More about that on a later post.)
One of the things that bite my recently, is that I was unable to login into one of my WordPress sites. For the life of me I could not figure out why. At first I thought that I had forgot my password. Then I noticed that I couldn’t even reset it via email.
Well it turns out that I had changed the domain name for that site, and apparently WordPress is very temperamental when moving between domains. So any action that I took that involved a redirect caused breakage. Thankfully a small temporary edit in a wp-config file fixed that. Basically after I added this to my wp-config.php file:
I was able to login into my site. I updated the site URL in the
Settings > General section, which fixed the underlying issue. I removed the above line since it is a security liability, after the fix was in place.
What can I say… sigh… WordPress. That is why I’m developing Rookeries, to avoid WordPress’ finky nature. Rookeries is still in early development mode, but hopefully sometime in Q1 of this year, it’ll be ready for general developer preview.