The year 2007 has been quite a dynamic year for me. Instead of writing a long article about each thing… cause that might take me an year to write and edit, I will just present a list of lists of things that happened.
- Completed my undergraduate studies at the University of Toronto at Mississauga.
- Picked my diploma for Bachelor of Science.
- Traveled to Italy and Poland.
- Walked down Unter der Linden in Berlin, Germany.
- Checked out the Tower of London, National Gallery and Museum of Natural History in London, England.
- Saw the sights of Florence, Rome, Assisi, and bunch of the Umbria region of Italy.
- Walked around Gdańsk, Szczecin, Poznan, Gdynia and Malbork in Poland.
- Increased my knowledge of information security.
- Restarted my involvement with the justCheckers project.
- Deepened my understanding on software libre and open source.
- Joined the Ubuntu Toronto Users group.
- Led a mock-up startup for a course.
- Learned how to read and understand businesses.
- Discovered the many aspects of open source businesses.
- Read My Job Went to India, or how to stay in IT.
- Wrote six articles on quantum computing.
- Wrote seven personal essays that form my Hacker, Gamer, Lover book.
- Wrote and voiced in an audio documentary, Casanova.
- Started writing a science fiction novel.
- Learned of the open access movement.
- Learned the basic ethical theories: utilitarianism, Kantian ethics, and Rousseau’s social contract.
- Debated for network neutrality.
- Read Stallman’s Free Software, Free Society.
- Read about the anti-software patent efforts in the EU.
- Went to Taize in Montreal.
- Made a lot more friends.
- Learned the subtle art of dating.
- Survived the downs of 2007.
- Got my G1 driver’s license. Again.
- Invented task logs, an organizational tool.
Things to Do for 2008
- Finish justCheckers.
- Write and publish two books.
- Get a software development related job.
- Start a company.
- Find a real girlfriend.
- Learn to drive and get my full G license.
- Learn C and C++.
- Get involved in a major FOSS project.