Today marks the first day of getting back to my old schedule and routine. The transition turned out smoother than I imagined. Hopefully, no new quirk will appear and I get back to working on all my overdue tasks. As things stand:
- Writing the first part of the first chapter in the novel. Had tweak it a bit to avoid a plot hole.
- Working out the plan of attack to restart justCheckers development. I’m woefully unfamiliar with bzr and Eclipse integration is not working well.
- Some initial plans for the new justCheckers website theme. Again, new to Drupal theming.
- My consulting work is back to a regular, sane pace and my own expectations have fell into place.
- My expectations and goals in general are more aligned with reality and my own position in it.
- Small urgent tasks keep on stomping on my larger plans, which is a bit trying. Hopefully this will all settle down soon.
I’ll continue blogging in short irregular bursts, until my projects start moving forward under their own momentum.
Before I left for my leave, I left a bunch of thing half-done. I also had planned tasks too. But I never got around to doing them earlier. Life’s twists and turns surprise you and throw all your carefully laid plans to the wayside. Now I’m back, I can get back to them. Time to get back into the game of life so to say.
One of things I managed to get done while on leave, was writing. Right now I have two-thirds of chapter two written by hand. In the next couple of days I plan on typing up my notes. Then I’ll continue the push to get most of the novel written by the end of this month. Also I plan on rewriting my notes on another project (which I hope I can show off something tangeable in the near future). Wish me luck.
Please excuse the long silence. Recently I’ve had to concentrate on my offline life for the most part. Hence the lack of blog posts.
I’m still writing and plan on publishing one of my older “books”. The science fiction novel is inching along. More details about the potential publishing, once I find out more details.
On the gaming front, I working on justCheckers again. Check out the new home of the project: justcheckers.org. I still need to setup a good deal of stuff for the site. I am still thinking how the site should look and feel. At the moment I need to transition the current wiki on Sourceforge to the hosted site. Without revealing too much, I plan to use justCheckers as a model for a larger project. Watch this space for details in the future.
For the time being, I’ll be in silent running mode. Expect long delays in my blogging. The reasons for all this foreshadowing will become evident in the coming weeks.